A classic, a secret, a gate and dusty bluebells...



Art. Poetry. Life.

Sometimes random things just happen and you want to share. I have been sitting here this past hour with a grin from here to there...loving the whimsy and nostalgia of English artist, Gary Bunt. I came across him by chance and thought I would share the smile.  Do you ever curl up with a classic, with your favourite pet snuggled in close? Have you ever stood in wonder at the mighty sunflower? Do you have a place where you go...where you just stop and wait? A secret place? Have you walked amidst the dusty bluebells or something just as breathtaking? If it sounds like you or someone you know, read on...


'A Classic'
by Gary Bunt
Portland Gallery, London

The sound of the sea
My dog next to me
There's nothing more that I need
Life seems complete
With the weight of my feet
And a Penguin classic to read
~ Gary Bunt~



'The Secret Garden'
by Gary Bunt
Portland Gallery, London

I would like to share this secret
But I really cannot say
Because I promised that I wouldn't
A secret this must stay
~Gary Bunt~


'The Gate'
by Gary Bunt
Portland Gallery, London

There's a place where we go
There's a wall and a Gate
Sometimes we stop there
We just stop there and wait
~Gary Bunt~


'The Dusty Bluebells'
by Gary Bunt
Portland Gallery, London

In and out of the dusty bluebells
Takes me back to school
In my shorts and plimsolls
Prancing around the hall
Then we had to pat the dog
When the farmer had chosen his wife
Such a wonderful childhood
Such a wonderful life
~ Gary Bunt~


My Dusty Bluebell moment...here

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Jeanne xx


 More from Gary Bunt  here.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the beautiful post about Blunt.
    I think I have a crush on the first painting it has such a New England feel to it.
    A wonderful week-end to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree Maywyn, it is the one that pulled me in as well...channelling a bit of New England autumn weather by way of England and Saigon. All the best to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...the beauty in the simple things we can forget are there! Poetry and Art...wonderful! Angela Muller

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A Classic" is definitely for me. He captures the mood of the scene so well. Love this artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanne, I love Mr. Bunt's paintings - remind me so much of my home in Devon - the sea, the countryside, especially the bluebell woods. His poems are perfect too - we all wore plimsolls growing up in England.

    Yes, I always had a special place to stop along a country lane - it was a gate too, as we lived in the country. Named Gallows Gate (there was one there apparently back in the days of public hangings!), it was at a high point where beyond the beautiful rolling fields one could see the bay and the English Channel beyond. Now, when visiting, I whizz by it - yes it's still there - but on a busy highway bringing tourists to the coast.

    Wish I could paint memories such as these. . . . . might give it a go one of these days when less busy. Off to France in a few days and will just be happy to get some photos as always!

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find time to paint those memories Mary, "Mary's Memories"

      Delete
  6. I love these! Those first three lines --
    The sound of the sea
    My dog next to me
    There's nothing more that I need --
    would be perfect for a picture I'm painting of my husband walking the dog on the beach. We are of like minds yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog postings Have a glorious weekend.
    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely yin/yang complement to photo of your son and his dog in sunny Saigon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Jeanne, how lovely to stop by after what seems ages! And, what a lovely post to come back to . . . the images and the verse have a certain calm and peace to them. I always curl up in my room and get absorbed (that reminds me that I haven't done this in a long long time! Sigh!).

    Thanks Jeanne for this painting and reminder of life.

    Hope you have been well and happy. Missed visiting this wee spot of yours xoxo.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poetry and art intertwined. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen a wood full of dusty bluebells, but I have seen one full of starry-eyed squill which is just as nice.

    I feel as though I have been needing such a moment and am enjoying this one vicariously. Thank you for introducing us to Mr. Bunt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes to your questions. Well, maybe not the bluebells!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for turning us all on to Gary Bunt. His original art is above my pay grade, but I have ordered some of his blank greeting cards and I think the recipients of the cards will enjoy his poetry very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every single time I visit with you Jeanne, I find peace & quiet, comfort & joy. This is so lovely. Thank you. XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts